Saturday, July 31, 2010

"10 Things I Hate About You"

10 Things I Hate About You - Picspam!
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/10-things-i-hate-about-you/links/7763425

“10 Things I Hate About You” is a modern day adaptation of Shakespeare's “The Taming Of The Shrew”. Although the setting, Padua High School, kind of offsets expectations for an adaptation of a Shakespeare play, the movie is one of my all time favorites. It is hard to compare a modern day teen comedy to a Shakespearean play wrote during the late 1500's. I believe the movie “loosely” gets Shakespeare's point across. I do not think he envisioned his setting in an American high school with snobs,preps, rebels, and nerds as the major characters. I did not know that this movie was based off of “The Taming Of The Shrew” until I did my Shakespeare assignment over Heath Ledger. I am glad society can still reflect back to the roots of literature.

2 comments:

  1. You may want to go through and make sure all of your posts are at least 200 words minimum. I promise I'm not trying to be pushy, but I don't want you to get points docked off because they are too short! Good luck on your final grade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these modernized movies might help the younger generation understand Shakespeare's work a little easier. Some of Shakespeare's work might be hard for them to follow.

    ReplyDelete